Friday, July 6, 2012

Starting July off with a BANG!


This week has been fabulous! 

Sunday started off great. We woke up early and headed to the pool for Scuba class again.  We had a new instructor named Art and he worked with us on some more skills. After the morning session, we walked to a pizza place just down the street.  On the way there though, we passed through an accident where a car hit a bicyclist.  It was so sad to see the bike ripped apart, but I really hope the rider is ok.  Once we got to the pizza place, we looked and it was closed :( so we headed back to Tilden's where they are neighbors with The Hurricane, so we met Robyn there for some lunch.  Robyn and I shared a gigantic pizza that was so delicious.  (Thin crust with meatballs, spinach, and sun dried tomatoes)  After lunch, we met Art back at the pool and finished our last pool session for Scuba Class.  This weekend we will be in the ocean :) After we finished Scuba class, we went home and relaxed for a little bit until Robyn and I decided to go on a bike ride to get me a backpack, but the store was closed, so we went to the grocery store and got candy and soda instead.  We really wanted to explore a little more, so we went to a place called Banana Bay to watch the sunset.  It was BEAUTIFUL.  
My snacks!

Private Island 

We laid on some lawn chars and ate our snacks while enjoying the wonderful view.  It was a great way to end the night, and a perfect way to start off our holiday week!

Monday was a great day at Camp. This week is Fabulous Fourth Festival, so we did lots of crafts that had to do with America! The kids were very well behaved this week I think because there were hardly any there.  I only had 7 kids in my group which was different because I usually have about 12, but everyone was having a lot of fun and following all the rules.  Monday was also one of our kids birthdays, so around 12:45, his mom came and dropped off a bunch of pizzas from Pizza Hut.  It was delicious! Afterwards, we all enjoyed a cupcake (I enjoyed mine a little too much).

After lunch, we all boarded the bus and headed to the Fire Station for my favorite field trip this summer.  Becca and Mia, two of my older girls, decided it would be a fantastic idea to try to set Miss Skittles up with the cute fire fighter. So they walked right up to Mr. Martin (or as they call him, Vin Diesel), and said, "This is Miss Skittles, and she thinks your cute!" My mouth dropped and I could not believe they had just done that.  Apparently for the rest of the day, I was blushing and giggly.  THEN....Miss KitKat thought it would be funny to sing Vin Diesel and Miss Skittles sitting in a tree....and she was right..It was funny! Finally he picked me up at the end of the song to make the kids really crack up.  


I couldn't stop laughing! I will never forget that.  After we got done with our tour though, Miss Starburst handed me a small note and a pen and said it was from  the firefighter.  It said, "Dinner and Movie? Check yes or no.  SO....I checked yes and left my number for him! Since then, the kids have been asking how he is and what movie we're going to see, but he didn't text me until Friday. (Silly boys) 

Once we were done there, we went back to Camp and cleaned up before heading home for the day.  Monday night was pretty low key, just relaxed as usual. 

Tuesday was once again pool day, and I started it off right by going off the diving board a couple times.  After we rotated a few times though, one of the little girls came up to me and claimed she saw poop in the pool, so I told the lifeguard.  Sure enough...there was poop in the pool and I did a little OH MY GOSH freak out dance while I rotated to the next station. After swimming around some more with the kids, we were done and headed back to Camp.  Once Camp was over, we got all pretty and headed to a Full Moon Party.  It was so much fun because there were some fireworks, dancing, fire juggling, live music, a parade sort of thing, and of course a ton of cute boys that were our age.  We had the time of our lives at this thing. So much laughing and dancing and just an all around good time.  



Wednesday! Happy 4th of July! We had a day off from Camp, but we got to work at Sombrero Beach during the afternoon.  Before the festivities began, there was a cute little parade that went down the street.  



We had a nice shady area set up to do all sorts of arts and crafts and face painting.  I spent most of the day doing the face painting, but in between all that fun, Nikki and I did a watermelon eating contest.  Sadly though, we lost.  The winner ate 7 pieces while we at 2.  



Yum!

Heart Flags
Once the crowd died down a little, we helped clean up our area and headed home to shower and clean up before the firework show.  We got back to the beach, and headed to the bathroom really quick before walking around.  While Robyn and I were waiting in line, a very drunk girl came in and proceeded to pee in the trash can. It was the craziest thing I have ever experienced.  I was in complete shock, and I just calmly looked away while she finished her business. Me and Robyn could not believe it.


So we went back out to the beach to tell the other girls.  Afterwards, we enjoyed a very delicious hot dog while listening to some great music.  After walking up and down the beach a couple times and sitting to chat with one of our kids Lucas and his mom, we headed over to the VIP section to find our spot to watch the show.  Sidenote: Lucas only knows me as the counselor who farts a lot.  He introduced me to his friend and family as Miss Skittles, she farts a lot! ADORABLE!  Anyways, we headed over to the VIP section, took some pictures, and then watched the terrific show!!
Sunset


Us and Mr. Jimmy

AMAZING Finale
After the show we headed home, but not until I took a picture in front of this awesome sign.  

 Thursday we were back at Camp and heading to the Eco Discovery Center.  Luckily, the kids were as exhausted as us, so everyone was sleepy and calm through most of the day.  The field trip was neat because we learned so much about Florida and all of the living things down here.  

Lion Fish

While we were there though, the kids decided to buy Skittles which then turned into "I'm eating Miss Skittles" game.  I can't tell you how many times I heard that statement during snack time.  After snack, we played a fun game of Cat and Mouse, and then it was free choice.  Most of the kids stayed to play the game, but when the group dwindled down, Miss KitKat and I did Yoga with the kids.  Once Camp was over, Robyn and I came home while Kristen and Nikki stayed at the park to do soccer.  After relaxing for a little bit, we took a nice bike ride up the street and then back down.  Once everyone was back home, me and Robyn made tacos and homemade tortilla chips and we all watched the movie 21 Jump Street.  Also, me, Nikki and Kristen worked on our scuba homework while the movie played. After the movie was finished, we went to bed so we could be ready for today.  

Friday was fun as always! We got ready for Camp A Presents and one of my boys Marcus helped out with being the director which was really neat.  After that, we played some Wiffol Ball and I experienced my first runner in Camp. While we were playing, one of our girls decided to sprint off of the field and towards the street, so I dropped my water bottle and sprinted after her.  All I heard while I was running was Miss KitKat say to the kids, "Look at how fast Miss Skittles can run!" I just about died!! I have never ran so fast in my life.  Luckily though, the girl stopped at the pavilion and sat under a table, so I sat at the table while trying to catch my breath and see what was up with her.  After that, we went back to the field to finish the game.  Once that was finished up, we went over to Rotary Park where I shot a couple text messages over to the Firefighter and pushed a couple kids on the swings.  Camp A presents went very well and the parents seemed to have a good time watching their kids sing.  When Camp A presents was over, we played with the parachute, and then had a water day where the me, Miss KitKat and the kids ran through the sprinklers.  Once we got tired of running, we did a little bit more yoga and stretched.  I was surprised that even a couple of the boys enjoyed doing yoga.  After that, we creamed Miss Twix and Miss Starburst. Fortunately for the them, they were in the shade and we didn't have chocolate sauce, so they didn't get as sticky and icky as me and Miss KitKat did last week.  



After the girls came back from showering and cleaning up, we had a Camp A Karaoke.  Some kids were shy about singing, but some really belted it out (including me singing Hannah Montana)!!

Once we were done at Camp, we went on a little kayaking trip around to another canal and then a bike ride to Kmart to get some more bug spray and anti-itch cream.  We also got another movie to watch while we finished up our scuba homework. Now, I am exhausted and really need to go to bed! 

Love you all and wish me luck tomorrow when I swim out into the open ocean to get scuba certified.  Also, if I forgot to put in anything worth sharing from this week, then I will add it into the next post! 

-Live. Love. Laugh. Janise





No comments:

Post a Comment