We started Friday off at Camp just like any other day. Friday at Camp is Parents Presents, so a lot of the parents come during lunch time and the kids show them what they have been working on all week. In order to prepare for this, the kids got to do their own blitz, and we organized them in lines and had them practice the songs they would be singing. Next, we broke up into small groups to work on each groups chant and team name. Because my kids came up with the "Furious Durty Fireballs" as their team name and were "too cool" to make up a chant on the first day of camp, I had them redo their poster and chant. They came up with the "Red Fireballs" (a little more appropriate) and I suggested they do the "Wobble" dance and shout "lets go fireballs" at the end. They really liked this idea and they had fun doing it. :) Before lunch, we went to another park (The Rotary Park, but the kids call it The Train Park) and they played for about an hour.
I was in charge of watching the kids on the tire swing, and about half way through I decided I wanted to give it a try. BAD IDEA!! The kids spun it a little fast and I nearly got sick! HAHA it was pretty funny. When we got back for lunch, the parents began arriving so we showed them our blitz before eating. We had hamburgers and hot dogs that Eduardo barbecued for us. (I forgot to tell you that Eduardo is the guy who picks us up in the morning and he has a daughter named Janise too. She is adorable.) After the barbecue, a lot of kids left so we did some rotating activities where we made sand bracelets and played games. Then it was free play for the rest of the day because of the few amount of kids we had. I played basketball with Adrian(a 5 year old boy) and he beat me. It was a lot of fun. After Camp wrapped up, we went home, changed into our swim suits, and rode our bikes to the beach. The water felt great after the almost 3 mile ride.
We packed up around 7:45 and rode back home, rinsed off and changed so we could make it to see Madagascar 3 at the movie theater at 9 o'clock. On our way over, we watched as lightning struck the sky and a storm rolled in. Luckily, the movie theatre owner gave us plastic bags to cover our seats. We made it out of the storm just in time. :) We grabbed some popcorn and sodas, and sat down to watch the hilarious movie.
When we walked outside, the rain had finished and we came home dry. We quickly fell asleep because we had to get up at 5am on Saturday.
We got up on Saturday at 5am because we booked an Ultimate Adventure down in Key West and we had to catch the first bus down to make it in time. The bus picked us up a couple streets down from our condo at 6am. We boarded the freezing cold bus (not kidding. The bus had the best A/C in town probably, but it was super cold when all we were wearing was shorts or dresses.) So in order to distract ourselves from the cold, we read books or listened to our iPods. It was a beautiful 2 hour bus ride down to Key West. We arrived in Key West at 7:30 and our trip didn't start until 10, so we wandered the empty streets and window shopped until it was time to check in. Once we checked in to the trip, we had to take a test(BUMMER), but we worked together and passed. (We took the test in order to make sure we know how to drive a jet ski.) When we boarded the boat, we grabbed some pastries, fresh fruit, and juice before finding a spot on the top deck. We laid out our towels and soaked up the sun while the boat took us to a spot way out in the middle of the ocean. Once we got there, this is what we see.
A trampoline, inflatable rock wall, and a giant slide all on the water. Believe or not, this was just the stuff to do to kill time in between doing other amazing things. So, once we arrived here, we grabbed a Jet Ski and splashed around for about 15 minutes. It was awesome. Just riding around, catching the wake and feel the water splash on our faces. When we were done with jet skiing, we swam over to the activities and played on those for a while. Robyn and Kristen got to the top of the rock wall, while me and Nikki watched and took pictures. Once they leaped into the ocean, we climbed up the back of the slide and all rode down.
Afterwards, we made our way to the trampoline where I did a few toe touches before falling down tired. Then, we heard our group number be called....and it was time to PARASAIL!!!! We boarded the boat where Fabio was our captain. Nikki and Kristen went first and I got more and more nervous to go. Then it was us!! Robyn got strapped in first, and then me. We grabbed hands and we were off. It was the coolest thing ever. Probably the most peaceful feeling I have ever felt. There was no sound, no worries, no nothing. Just us, the sky and the view. It was beautiful.
When we got back, Nikki and Kristen grabbed a kayak and went out into the ocean while me and Robyn soaked up the sun again. We also had the cutest boy on the ship, Antonio, take a picture of us. I'll have more to tell you about him later. :)
Once they got back, we headed out and quickly came back because the boat was about to head out to our next destination. We grabbed some sandwiches, fried chicken, and oreos for lunch while we headed to one of the only live reefs in the U.S. After one of the crew members, Dave, told us all the rules about the reef, we grabbed our snorkel gear and hopped into the ocean. The reef was beautiful and full of cute little fishies....and a SHARK!!! We saw Dave go down and touch it, so Robyn asked if she could as well. He took her down and she touched A SHARK!!! I am so jealous, but so proud of her! That is the coolest thing ever. It was a nurse shark, so it was harmless, and wouldn't have chomped her arm off.
After we snorkeled for a bit longer, we headed back to the boat where it was time to drink. It was all the beer and wine you could want for about an hour. Robyn and I toasted to a wonderfully adventurous day with my first ever cold bud light.
Once we docked, I just couldn't let Antonio walk out of our lives, so I desperately tried to find a piece of paper, but all I had was a ten dollar bill, so I decided I would tip him and give him my number all at one time. Unfortunately, all of my pens were not working, so I licked it multiple times before finding one that actually worked.
After slipping Antonio the money, we began shopping around Key West and going down Duval Street in hopes of finding the Southernmost Point of the United States. While walking down the street I saw the Worlds Smallest Bar, and I couldn't pass up getting a drink from there.
I finished my drink, and we shopped around some more. Once we hit the end of Duval Street, we found the Southernmost Point and it began to sprinkle, but it felt nice because we were so hot.
Unfortunately, that was just the beginning. A huge storm broke out and it was one of the heaviest rains I have ever been in. We were dripping wet just from running from the point to a nearby tree. When we realized the tree wasn't protecting us from the rain, we decided it didn't matter anymore and we trucked through the heavy rain with no shoes on until we found a pizza place for dinner. It was incredible how quickly the shops closed up and the people scattered. We were the only people on the street; it was kind of surreal. While eating our pizza, we came up with a game plan of what to do before the bus came in an hour and a half. We headed into the shops again because I needed some dry pants to wear on the way home and Nikki needed a sweatshirt. Luckily I found a good price on some cute yoga pants that say Key West on them and Kristen and Robyn got some too so the guy cut us a deal. Nikki also found a cute sweatshirt and we headed to the bus stop.
The bus ride was relaxing while we listened to our music. We arrived home just before it started raining again (thank goodness), and we all took showers and I passed out.
Sunday was a super low key day. I woke up pretty early and worked on this extremely long blog and then made biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Once the other girls were up, we cleaned up the condo a little bit before doing laundry and working on our program for this week. In the later afternoon, we went to the beach and laid out for a while. I finished my book which was a nice accomplishment and then Robyn and I went to the park to print our programs. As we left the beach there is a sharp turn to get onto the bike trail and every time I nearly run right into the bushes...Today, was the day it occurred! So I made light of the situation and took a little detour.
Once we finished our 8 mile ride to the beach, to the park, and back home we made some dinner and did our Sunday meeting. I'll probably head to bed soon because we've got another big week ahead of us. All in all this weekend has been amazing. I love the girls I am with and I can't wait to tell everyone about the adventures we go on. Have a beautiful week!!
-Live. Love. Laugh. Janise
No comments:
Post a Comment