Thursday, June 7, 2012

My first 4 days in the Keys

Hey all! This summer I will try to post as much stuff as I can on my new fancy blog :) My director Robyn suggested doing a blog this summer in order to really capture all of the magical moments that will occur this summer. I apologize in advance because I have never done a blog so this might be a little rough, but I hope you all enjoy hearing my stories.  


My adventure began on Sunday afternoon when Julena and David drove me down to San Francisco to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel overnight before heading to the airport early in the morning.  We enjoyed a terrific dinner in Half Moon Bay where we shared clam chowder, oysters, and shrimp.  To finish off the meal we had a delicious piece of snicker bar pie. mmmm.....



On Monday morning we all woke up and began getting ready for the big day. As Christina and WIll headed off for Vegas, me, Julena, and David headed to the donut store for some breakfast.   After finding the terminal and receiving my boarding pass, I hugged Julena, shed some tears, and kissed my loved ones goodbye for the summer.  When I landed in Houston, I had about five minutes to run from one end of the airport to the other before catching my next flight just in time. I got to Tampa and that is where I met one of my fellow camp counselors, Nikki.  We chatted until we boarded our extremely itty bitty plane. 






As we sat on the plane, reading our books, I realized how much of an adventure Camp Adventure really is!


Once we touched down in Key West, we were greeted with open arms by Miss Ali, Robyn, and Kristen.  We gathered our suitcases, tossed them in the back of the van and headed to Boondocks for dinner.  After finishing up dinner, we found our condo and settled into our new bedrooms, unpacked, and fell fast asleep.  


Tuesday morning started off with our first Marathon breakfast at The Wooden Spoon with Miss Ali.  Then we headed to Sombrero Beach for the first of many trips.  Afterwards, we went to Daffy Doug's Dollar Store, K-Mart, and the grocery store to get all of the necessities for our summer home.  Then we changed into our beautiful Camp uniforms and met our P.O.C. (Point of Contact), Jimmy at the Park we will be working at.  We got a little hungry during the meeting, so Jimmy took us out to a local fishery where I tried Alligator for the first time.  It tasted like chewy chicken, and was quite yummy.  Later, he dropped us off at home, we ran into our downstairs neighbor and his new puppies.  




After we got home for the night, we relaxed and watched TV for a while until Robyn and I decided to go for a bike ride to CVS.  You will be happy to know that even at 9pm I was sweating profusely after riding to and from the store.  :) Once we got back home, I laid on the couch again until I got too tired and went to bed.  

Wednesday started out pretty easy going.  We all enjoyed our breakfast and got ready for the day.  While Robyn went to a meeting with Jimmy, the three of us, Nikki, Kristen, and I put together some camp stuff.  Robyn came back home for lunch and then all of us went back to the park to talk to Jimmy again.  After finishing up, Nikki, Kristen and I went to the beach to hang out for the evening.  Once we got home, Robyn had started some Hamburger Helper for us to have our first family dinner.  Later that night we bonded by guessing whose picture was whose from photos we brought from home.  Then we finished the night off by working on some programming and songs while the CMT Music Awards played in the background.  :) 

So that's all for now, but there will be more to come soon! Goodnight everyone; I love every one of you! 

-Live. Love. Laugh. Janise











No comments:

Post a Comment