Monday we decided to ride our bicycles to work which was nice in the morning because it was cool and breezy. Once we got to the park though, all hell broke lose. We had a lot of new kids joining on Monday, so it was tough to keep everyone organized. It was also tough because they were kind of whiney and not cooperating with the other counselors. During small group time I reintroduced myself to the kids and we sat in a circle and got to know each other. I told them about my favorite ice cream, my doggie Bingo and cat George. I also told them where I'm from and a little about my family. I think it really helped get the group a little closer and they seemed to cooperate with me a little better than week one. Once we were all done with that, we broke up into clubs and I was pleasantly surprised when twelve kids, including 2 boys, signed up for my Cheer Club. I was so excited to have the kids want to share my passion with me.
After lunch the older kids and I went to Rotary Park to play while everyone else did activities at the church. It was nice to get some alone time with the older kids because they got to know how much fun I really am, and a few of them even said they liked me which is a big deal for me :) When we got back to the park, we played Baseball Football which was a lot of fun and all the kids really enjoyed the game. After Camp, we rode our bikes home and rested up for the night.
Tuesday was a pool day! I was so excited to work on my tan and play in the water, but the weather was terrible. Robyn and I were wrapped in our towels the whole time while lifeguarding because the breeze was chilly. Most of the kids got out of the pool after about an hour, so guarding was very low key. On the way home, I sat with a little girl and listened to Hannah Montana Pandora which was totally cool! Tuesday night was Taco Tuesday at The Hurricane, so we caught a cab over there to enjoy $1 tacos. It was also our first time seeing one of the campers out of camp. She was so cute; when we said Hi, she and her grandpa didn't recognize us until we told her we were from camp. Then, she got all excited and her grandpa had a chuckle. Because we caught a cab and the weather wasn't too bad once we left, we thought it would be a good idea to walk back home.
Luckily, it didn't start raining until right when we got home. :) Once we got home, we sat around and chatted some more and had a little meeting before doing night three of our 8 minute Ab workout. Watch out California, this girl is coming back in shape!!!
Wednesday we expected the weather to be terrible, but it didn't start to storm until right when Camp ended!! We started the day off with a blitz that all the kids loved and we even had four or five campers join us at the front. It was great to see everyone get so comfortable and having so much fun. I also got a new boy in my group. He is going to be a lot of fun. He joined my Cheer Club and called me his favorite. :) Before we had lunch, we played a game of kickball which I really enjoyed because I hadn't played that game since elementary school. The kids all had a blast, and I think my team won!!!
After kickball, we played a giant game of charades with the Camp split into two teams. The kids did a really good job of guessing, but we were also giving out really easy things to act out. At the end, we had each of the teams come up with a movie scene for the other team to try to guess. My team was quite unorganized so it didn't turn out too well, but I think everyone had fun.
The park with the older kids was adventurous because one of my boys has been in a quirky mood all week and wouldn't stop climbing on things and trying to get in trouble. Hopefully he wore himself out today so he will be a little calmer tomorrow, but I doubt it. After the park we headed back to Camp and the kids got to have free choice. Miss KitKat (Robyn) and I (Miss Skittles) were in charge of Fruit Salad which is a large tag game and guess who got to be the tagger... Yep! Me! I'm pretty sure it was the best work out ever. It's amazing how fast those kids can run, and they zip around in circles so quickly. I had a ton of fun, but I'm sure the kids had more fun watching me try to catch them. Camp was done before I knew it, and we came home to start our family dinner. I made the girls Parmesan Crusted Chicken and Kristen made chocolate chip cookies. After we were done cleaning up around the condo, I skyped with Julena, Grandma and Jada.
I am so thankful for technology because it was like I was sitting right there with them around the table having a fun conversation with Jada. Well that's my half a week in a nutshell. I'm sure I wil have a lot more to tell you tomorrow after we go bowling. :)
-Live. Love. Laugh. Janise

No comments:
Post a Comment